View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 07:31 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face

I agree, that chronic issues are draining. Perhaps you'll find
your specific solution, soon, and you won't have these flares so often. I still get flares but they don't last long and are not
really terrible.

I do understand, because I have a GI birth defect that is with me for life. Everyday I deal with it... watch foods, etc. My life revolves around it. (twisted intestines and stomach). Things that give others a little gas, give me torsions which are very painful.
So I have to watch everything I eat. I think this experience lead to my PN activities here. I am used to fielding remedies and interventions for my innards!

You do get used to it. I can wear conventional shoes if they are cushioned, but I wear slides at home. Covered slippers get my feet too hot, though. Only when really really cold will I wear fuzzy slippers. I don't wear socks often. My feet don't sweat much anymore, so when my gel inserts need it I alcohol them, or finally replace them.

You'll find an answer eventually. But I do think that PN is for life. You may be able to manage it, like I do, so you don't progress.
Everyone gets something wrong healthwise, eventually. I'd rather have this than something much worse like MS or cancer or epilepsy, etc.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
judiesva (12-22-2012), malawigirl08 (12-24-2012), Stacy2012 (12-22-2012)