Old 12-22-2012, 11:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Hi,

That sounds like a normal day for me!!

What time do you take the melatonin? My sleep neuro said to take it two to three hours before bedtime. He said it can help some people fall asleep. He also said to only take about one half a gram (500 mgs).

Does it work for you to take the Xanax?

Remeron / Mirtazapine could work to help with sleep and to alleviate depression:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21870714

M
Hmmm Mari - maybe that it my problem. I take it right before I brush my teeth (it is a liquid) which is about 5 minutes before I lay in bed. I try to hold myself to a be in bed by 10pm rule. I am pretty good about that. I may have the tv on or be on the laptop, but I'm in bed. I used to be up folding laundry, etc. but I force myself now to stay in bed even if I can't sleep. I take 10mls which is what it says on the bottle. There's 2.5mg in 10 mls. Maybe I should take 20 mls and see what happens. And I'll take it tonight at 8pm instead of 10pm.

Yes, the xanax usually works to relax me enough so I can fall asleep. Either that or I am so tuckered out by 1am that a little extra help is all I need. Or it's a placebo effect? I don't know.

But this is what I haven't been able to figure out for years now - why is it that it is so unnerving some nights to fall asleep at night, yet when I lay on the sofa at 1pm I can literally fall asleep within 5 minutes, no anxiety, and no medication required? And I sleep like a log. My naps are such restful sleep. I wish I could fall asleep and stay asleep like that at night!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-24-2012), Brokenfriend (12-23-2012), Dmom3005 (12-28-2012), Mari (12-23-2012), Theta Z (12-23-2012)