View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 04:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
Hi LLT, Ive never heard of the wasting away of the fat pad at thumb. I think I may have that,although not conclusive, I definatly have a smaller one on the affected side.
Where did you hear that and are there articles on it? I thought I just had disputed TOS but maybe I have the True type. i thought True was when you had a cervical rib. its amazing how much you can read and still not know things. Thanks,JKL
I've seen it on a bunch of different articles, most recently in the video posted somewhere in the forums here of Dr. Donahue speaking on TOS and treating disputed neurogenic TOS in particular. If you have a cervical rib, you often have arterial thoracic outlet syndrome. Arterial and venous TOS are different from neurogenic TOS because they can often be conclusively diagnosed and cause different problems. True neurogenic can also be diagnosed relatively easily because of the wasting affect. Disputed is more difficult because, often, all the doctors have to go on is your account of what's going on and a bunch of vague symptomology. For example, I do not have an extra cervical rib but I do have arterial and, to a lesser extent, venous TOS. In this case, there is no "true" or "disputed" because it is vascular. An extra cervical rib usually causes vascular symptoms. :-) Hope that helps!
LiveLoveandTrust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote