View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 08:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

--Thank you, mrsD: this is very helpful. I'm actually surprised at how many people ask me about drinking beer and nonalcoholic neuropathy. ...Especially at this time of the year.

For me, I don't feel any flare-up from drinking a few beers on the weekend, but then again, I'm very cautious about it and limit my drinking to low alcoholic beer and just a few over a few hours. Now that I think of it -about 4 beers in 4 hours. I "Buzz" quickly so I never drink more than a 6-pack on a drinking day.

I skip a week a lot, too, sometimes not drinking a beer for over 2 weeks or so. But honestly with the holiday parties coming up, it seems harder to dodge the urge to sip a few.

I do not mix Clonazepam with alcohol or - leastwise I don't think I do. There's at least 8 hours to a full day between me drinking a few beers and taking a clonazepam.

But this was not always the case - months ago, I would take the 0.5 pill about 3 hours or so after a few beers. The only thing I noticed then was an increased drowsiness. Still, I do my best to avoid it and certainly never mix them outright.

Last edited by Jesse M; 12-22-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote