Thread: Balance Issues?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 11:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Wii Fit & Balance Therapy

Thank you for the responses

My regimen is to go to psychiatrist that holds MD that works with TBI,PCS,PTS(I said psychologist in earlier post)I am not taking the Ginkgo Biloba because it made a bad reaction with meds I was on.

~I have been eating healthy all home cooked meals that are nutritious.I had received blood labs and everything was good but, I still take B12,D,and eat superfruit acai berry supplements.I try to walk for 30 min a day outside or indoor track~TREADMILL is a NO!LoL

I have started some balance therapy exercises that the therapist taught me to do while at home. Some of the exercises I can do on the Wii fit, but I suppose to take easy After the holidays me and therapist will be going to indoor swimming pool for balance rehab.I still get mayofascial massage's after head balance exercises....HELP'S me out a LOT with Headaches.

I will be going to a nearby Medical University to do cognitive therapy.

Lightrail,

I have can relate with the vertigo as well when I walk I have to take slow steps, when I get up I have to move slow, while I do home balance exercises with walking involved I do in a hallway so I can put my hands out to walls if needed, and I don't drive after dark because I see blue tracers and all street lights have blue rings around them on top of all lights being so bright...They make my eyes flutter!

~Z~
I will have to ask about the dancing in future regimen.

Thank you for all support! I greatly appreciate it

Symptoms: Physical: I am always cold in any season!!I cannot tolerate anything pressure on my head(sun glasses,hats)longer then a hour,Lock jaw/Displaced TMJ, Dropsey, Hands go numb, Arms go numb, back of head numb (when asleep),Muscle spasms in face & upper body,migraines, concentration headaches, dizziness, nausea, neck and back trauma (from accident), tinnitus, extreme light sensitivity, noise sensitivity, EXTREME fatigue, impaired vestibular system, balance off, Pupils NEVER equal, disrupted sleep cycles,speech problems.

Cognitive: Cognitive Behavior, Brain fog, impulsivity, speech problems, word finding problems, slowed processing speeds, impaired visual memory, impaired complex attention

Emotional: Unable to handle stress or overstimulation without getting extremely irritable or angry, easily overstimulated, MAJOR depression, major anxiety, Panic attacks

Treatment so far: Treatment for PCS,PTSD,Depression & panic,Vestibular therapy, Physical therapy, Vitamin Schedule,Walking,No Dairy, No eggs, No caffeine, No artificial coloring, Sleep with 2 pillows, Very little sugars consumed, Eat healthy,No alcohol, Medications, limit stress and overstimulation.

~*~Learn to treasure yourself and your Divinity. Be willing to accept yourself completely. Be yourself, be graceful, be kind, be wild, be weird ... be true to yourself~*~
MiaVita2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote