View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 06:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

.................................................. ............................................

Thanks -I did not know about the waffers so that's something to look forward to when the time comes.

As for beer and clonozapam, I'm sure you're right. My doctor says separate them for at least 8 hours, but he probably means more. Still, he says that the only synergistic effect that 0.5 would have at that time is an increase in drowsiness - a hazard when driving, no doubt. Truthfully though, I haven't noticed a thing. Maybe because I'm a big guy (6 feet tall, 240 pounds) body size might be a factor as well.

I'm a bit confused about one of the statements you made...You said: "I believe the clonazepam is masking your PN, and once off of it you will have much more pain for a while."

This isn't a very good incentive to get off of the Clonazepam.

Do you mean that my PN pain is actually much worse than I feel it is -and that if I get off of Clonazepam, I will return to stronger pains? --If that were the case, it would be better for me to stay on the clonazepam, as PN is the worst antagonist here. Perhaps this is why my doctor doesn't want me to wean off of it yet???

Or do you mean that I would get stronger pains for awhile (due to Clonazepam withdrawal) then return to my usual PN cycle, which is not much pain, leastwise not much pain between flare-ups?

Another thing that's puzzling for me concerning Clonazepam - Since I dropped in dosage, I still feel it's effecting me the same -I don't feel like I need to up the dosage or take more than what's given to me. In fact, I've been steadily dropping to lower dosages over the last year.

The only time I take an extra pill is when I'm under harsh stress or when a mega-flare-up occurs, which doesn't happen often, thank God.

In fact, there are days, I forget to take my nighty pill and feel fine. Many times I feel fine even from just one 0.5 instead of the 2 per day mandated for me. Luckily that seems to go against the tolerance-issues I've heard of.

Do you think that taking the vitamins I do has something to do with that?

Also about melatonin -my doctor told me that retirement homes often use melatonin to get elderly patients off of Clonazepam. I've read some short articles about it, but they seem vague and probably way out of date, too. I don't even know if they still do that. Do you know anything about that?
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-27-2013)