View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 09:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you Yellow and Neurochic! I left messages for several (pain) doctors my friends recommended - I'm hoping to hear back after Christmas.

I am most definitely keeping my hand moving. The ortho wanted me rubbing lotion on it all the time. It seemed weird to me at the time he suggested that. This site is helping me understand why it's important. At first it was too painful to touch -- but thank goodness that's better now. Unfortunately, the pain has traveled and I'm having issues with my legs and neck.

I'm struggling with the idea of taking a pain med (left over from the sprain). This may sound silly, but I'm not sure how to gauge my pain. It's like I've been in pain off and on my entire life -- and this isn't the worst pain i've ever felt. I get caught in a trap of "Well, I'm not in tears...so I can deal with this!" My friends would have a fit to know that I'm in pain and being stubborn about trying to get some relief. I'm wondering if anyone else goes through this...???

At the same time, the pain has been bad enough that i've barely slept the last three nights (I guess that's my answer right there).

Anyway, so glad I found this group. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences!!
sam71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote