View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 11:57 PM
anonxyz

anonxyz

Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze77! View Post
I have an SCS for Chronic Back Pain. I also have nerve damage in both legs as a result of bulging discs. I had a rhizomoty and my NS wants me to get more of these to try and get rid of some of the pain. I recall that it is painful, so I really don't want to go through any more of these. She wants to do fusion surgery after the rhizotomies. I am so unwilling to go through all of that. I will do my best to deal with the chronic back pain. I also have CRPS in my right shoulder as a result of two failed shoulder arthroscopies, one in which they cut out the A/C joint (resection). A rep from Boston Scientific told me at my last re-program of my SCS, that they could attach electrodes externally for my shoulder problem. Only problem is that is a W/C case unlike my back problem, and they don't even want to pay for medications or trigger point injections. Is anyone aware of the external SCS applications? Thanks for any info.

Best Regards,
Dave
Dave,
Please try to avoid the surgery. The American Pain Society reported less than 20% ( I hope I have that number correct) really reduce pain. Most times there is little change. Perhaps you could call the home office of Boston Scientific and ask about the external electrodes. How can a Workers Comp company deny you medications? Go to your state insurance commissioner with written denials from the WC carrier and beg for help. It has worked in Delware and Michigan in the past for my clients. So far I haven't had to use them, but I certainly would do so. I am so sorry about your pain and then the insurance difficulties on top of that. Too much stress. drcandy
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (12-26-2012)