View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 01:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree with you on almost everything you've said here -and I wasn't aware there was natural alternatives to handle the anxiety issue either. That was very helpful.

The only thing I disagree with is your statement that PN is for life. When PN first hits some people, a lot are suicidal - so, not a good thing to say...especially if it's not entirely true.

Are you saying that you never known even one case of PN that has healed?

It's also important to understand that having hope of healing isn't denial either.

Because PN comes from very different causes, it's impossible to tell how it will affect any one individual.

A permanent case may be true for some people, but certainly not all. According to Dr. Roos, the lead neurologist for the University of Chicago's neurology department; - a man with over 30 years experience in the field - more than half of the people that get PN DO heal from it, though it does take time and the right treatment, which is different for each person.

More so, I've met people who have healed from PN -2 actually -one a diabetic and another man who was floxed from the drug Flagly.

I think the question here is how PN devolves. Clearly, some severe cases may be permanent, but others may not. ...And even if it is permanent, big healing strides do take place.

As for me, I don't expect a cure. I'll be happy if I can get the pain down to a level that I can deal with. Already, it went from unbearable to liveable -and between flare-ups, sometimes nearly non-existent and this has been only in the time span of less than 5 months. Not bad since even Dr Roos, says it takes about 7 months for drug-induced neuropathies to really start healing, although like my case, nearly all of the severe stabbing pains and such fades within weeks.

This might have to do more with peoples' own ability to heal as well as what is actually causing the PN to begin with.

My case with Cipro is not so dooming. Don't get me wrong, I will be disabled all my life from this one mistake from an incompetent doctor. I won't be able to exercise or lift weights as much as I used to. And I will probably have some degree of light pains and many mental emotional issues for the rest of my life. Still, there are and will be many people who haven't had a case as severe as mine that will heal - completely.

Many people take the full 2 months of Cipro 500mg with no neuropathy at all. ( I warn AGAINST this) -some do get it, I know one man that has the exact same Cipro problems I do - but he took it for 6 weeks while I took if for under 3. Both of us were prescribed it for a prostate infection...unfortunately an all too often prescribed drug for it.

Obviously, not everyone that gets PN from Cipro (or anything else) is doomed to have PN permanently -leastwise not painful PN. This is not to say that over the months or years some flare-ups will return -I'm sure of that, but basically over time, it will heal. At least to a degree where you can get your life back.

So here is where I DO agree with you: that PN might be for life, but you will get better, eventually to a time where you can enjoy life again.

...PS - I hope you found your kitten - I love cats. I also wish you Happy Holidays, you've helped so many people here.

Last edited by Jesse M; 12-24-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote