View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

No the kitten is gone, perhaps forever. But I still look outside for her. I hope someone nice took her in and she did not suffer some
painful situation or death. Long story, which came back in Oct, when neighbors thought they saw her and contacted me, and it all began AGAIN. Still nothing after many long hours staking out the area with bait/food. I gave up finally. sigh.

Some drugs, like Macrodantin, cause neuropathies, but how it does is not permanent. It is always possible that a toxic one will reverse. I think the most likely reversal comes with nutritional types with deficiencies. If caught early on, supplying the nutrient, which is most commonly B12 may lead to some repair. But if the cells die, that are damaged, that is it. Chemo PNs don't resolve as a rule. Cipro damages DNA functions, (as do Chemo drugs), and that is why its PN is more serious than perhaps other types.
Quote:
Mechanism of action

Ciprofloxacin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic active against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. It functions by inhibiting DNA gyrase, a type II topoisomerase, and topoisomerase IV,[87] enzymes necessary to separate bacterial DNA, thereby inhibiting cell division.
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciprofloxacin

Doctors may say things to keep you positive, just in case some aspect of your pain, is being generated by stress. But we don't see total resolutions on this forum. We see posters returning with no further progression and some improvement (like me), but no cures. Heavy metal damage also is more or less permanent. And Thallium which is a heavy metal in ant poisons, is lethal. No antidote for that exists as yet.

And there are people damaged by one dose of fluoroquinolones.
The author of Bitter Pills, Stephen Fried's wife has a permanent seizure disorder brought about by Floxin oral tablets. Hence he wrote the book. You might find it interesting. I read it many years ago (bought the book). You are correct about not everyone is damaged by these drugs. That remains a mystery until someone uncovers the reason(s). That will most likely be a genetic answer.
http://www.amazon.com/Bitter-Pills-I...s=Bitter+pills

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 12-24-2012 at 02:04 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-27-2013)