View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 01:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz Migraine View Post
It would depend on the type of job your husband had and how long he worked at that type of job.

I had one at my ALJ hearing. I was a "professional" who worked at a "desk job" for 35+ years before I retired & applied for SSDI.
Husband has a physically demanding job, on his feet all day, had to lift more then 50#, very physically demanding for 24yrs. He does have a college degree, but never obtained job in that field. He can't lift more then 20# the rest of his life, due to rods and screws in his spine from spinal fusion. His job put him on early retirement, long term dis said they couldn't find a job for him.

So, he has been on long term for a year now, with another spinal surgery coming up in Jan. They are removing rods and screws due to the pain they cause him. He will be 55 the month after his hearing coming up in a few months.

He has spondylisthesis, severe osteoporis, artritis of the spine, deg disc disease, two total knee replacements, with another kneee reconstruction coming at some point as well.

What are his chances of getting approved at the alj hearin?
Ironbutterfly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote