View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 12:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLoveandTrust View Post
From what I understand, a damaged nerve can take a very long time to heal. Around 8 months to a year at least to see some real improvement. Unfortunately, that means more working PT and waiting in the meantime. I'm sorry everything is going so slowly for you! I would keep at it and as long as you are improving (even slowly). There's really not much to do but wait for a damaged nerve anyway. I hope things pick up for you soon, and happy holidays to you!
Thank you for the response. 1 to 3 months after the surgery I could not even lift my arm over a certain point and I would lose all feeling in my right arm and shoulder if I went for a walk. Now those things don't happen anymore so those are some of the positive points in my recovery. Also, when I do a curl with a bungie I can feel the bicep muscle strands deep in my arm close to the bone activating so its mostly the outer 70 percent of my bicep muscles that need to wake up. I will just wait it out some more and keep doing research and getting exercise.
recniabsal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote