View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 10:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default science CAN help us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'cs View Post
But naturopaths are good at stimulating a mostly placebo effect, which may be accompanied by immune system positive responses in SOME people, but for the most part, they dont have a scientific leg to stand on. So they should be careful in who they accept as the true keeper of the keys, in any expensive medical reform. However, I haven't seen the medical community come up with nothing more than invasive, toxic, marginally advanced therapies for PD in over five decades, so I think that I'd rather go to an "alternative care" healer, who may just convince me that I can have a positive effect on PD symptoms, by rallying my physical condition, on my own. Not science, but if science can't help me, I'll at least give diet,supplements and hypothetical advice gained through serendipity over time, at least a consideration.

The "scientific leg" wholistic care stands on is that of quantum mechanics unlike the Newtonian model which reduces everything to particles without regard to the field which organizes them.

If you like "evidence" (perhaps "outcome" would be the term you would accept because these texts are based on observations using scientific methodology...) based medicine check out the extensive and exhaustive homeopathic materia medicas listiing drug effects or the stem cell work done by Dr. Bruce Lipton.

Having said that, I would suggest you already benefit from placebo as we all benefit from pursuing that which our subconscious dictates. Nocebo is the negative belief and works just as well as placebo so in the end we all do what is within us .
I don't think it has to be either or thus I used the terms complimentary and integrative.
Cheers!!
md

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla

Last edited by moondaughter; 12-25-2012 at 10:58 AM.
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (12-26-2012), pegleg (12-25-2012)