View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 12:15 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Placebo, nocebo, hocus-pocus...

...reality exists but just where we focus!

It is a tough time to be a Newtonian. All these Cheshire cats grinning at you.

So, when it comes down to it, your belief influences and perhaps even determines your Universe (not the same as my Universe). Positive thinking? What a bunch of Rubes! Until we found that pesky epigenetic response to belief. Little genes snapping on and off like a roller coaster full of Parkies.

Placebo is big juju! Don't believe it? You just confirmed it as your disbelief influenced your reality.

My gawd - I'm channeling Bob.

Merry Xmas all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondaughter View Post
The "scientific leg" wholistic care stands on is that of quantum mechanics unlike the Newtonian model which reduces everything to particles without regard to the field which organizes them.

If you like "evidence" (perhaps "outcome" would be the term you would accept because these texts are based on observations using scientific methodology...) based medicine check out the extensive and exhaustive homeopathic materia medicas listiing drug effects or the stem cell work done by Dr. Bruce Lipton.

Having said that, I would suggest you already benefit from placebo as we all benefit from pursuing that which our subconscious dictates. Nocebo is the negative belief and works just as well as placebo so in the end we all do what is within us .
I don't think it has to be either or thus I used the terms complimentary and integrative.
Cheers!!
md
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (12-26-2012), moondaughter (12-25-2012)