View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 12:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, everyone. Yes -- I do hope it isn't arachnoiditis! I hadn't heard of it before and it doesn't sound pleasant...

I agree that it may actually be several issues combined because the pain seems to change frequently. This morning my knee gave way when I stepped of a little half-step from the kitchen to the laundry room and I ended up on my butt with my head in the cabinet. Thank God I had my brace on since it helped keep me from twisting to much.

I'll call the pain doc tomorrow and see when he can see me and check on some new pain meds.

Lee, how was the decision made to keep you off work that long? I can do things like go to the store as long as I'm on the meds and don't push it too hard, but then usually by the end of the day I have the pain I mentioned in the earlier post. I don't need to be off work that long and think I might be able to work at least part-time, but I also don't want to jeopardize the healing process anymore than I may already have. (I have to admit that I've pushed things at times between the holidays, a senior Mom who's having issues and several large dogs that can be hand full). I just don't know what to expect at this point and want to make sure I do the right thing. And after the things I've read here I know I can't count on the NS completely!

Thanks again, everyone, for your comments! It's great to have you all as "consultants"! ;-)
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
lal209 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote