View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 04:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry Side effects of med or procedure?

OK we all know lyrica causes drowsiness....so do alll my other med.s currently I'm on Lyrica 50mgs 3x a day. Amitriptyline 50 1x a day and tramadol 50-100mgs up to 4xs a day. The Sympathetic block was 50/50 Lidocaine and Bupivicane. Oh and Promethazine 50mgs every 4-6 hours as needed.

These are my symptoms....extreme drowsiness...to the point where I almost always feel like I'm going to fall asleep wherever I am. I can barely get the energy to work,clean,drive, anything. No matter matter how much sleep I get. Acid-reflux/Gerd type symptoms. very severe. Pressure in esophagus and bile rising up to mouth. And that happened only AFTER the nerve block, but the nurse there doesn't think they are related? Until I saw a different provider at my doc's office on Monday who gave me the promethizine...which causes MORE drowsiness.

I have been having blood clots after bowel movements. Not to be icky but quite a bit of blood in bowl bright red then very dark red clots AFTER bm. Not really big sometimes dime sizes some times about the size of a grape (small).
No extreme pain or itchiness like you get with hemorrhoids though i did have a very small flare up of them about a month ago? But this doesn't feel like that.

Basically I feel like completely crappy. The pain is heightening again and the Anesthesiologist's office said to see my PCP, who didn't know what to do and referred me to the anesthesiologist......grrr.
Said if symptoms get "really worse" to go to E.R.

So they have NO CLUE what to do!!! Fun. Have any of you had ANY of these problems. I am staggering the meds as best I can due to drowsiness but can only do so much......

Oh and someone siphoned the gas out or our Suburban last night......grrr
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote