View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 10:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A road well travelled

Oh, I've done the back doctor thing many years ago. I've had injections, manipulations, MRI's....I just couldn't grasp the concept of referred pain skipping the leg and going right to the feet. The first neuro didn't even consider that when she found the paraprotein in my system. That was checked after the initial symptoms of ankle reflex diminished. MGUS does have a connection to PN. Of course, that scared the crap out of me. Even though 3 percent or more have this paraprotein in their system, I didn't need to know that I had it. I have to have it checked every year now...because there is the possibility that it could turn into mutiple myeloma....not a pretty cancer. The majority of people who have it, don't even know, unless they are tested for it because of other symptoms....like PN. So....the spine was dismissed and I was put on neurontin and told to go home. So, I lose two nerves in my feet, because majority ruled for surgery, and I didn't want to believe that I had PN. It may have been the right diagnosis, but it may not have been. Certainly, the podiatrist backed up her diagnosis with the zapping of my feet disappearing....So, it doesn't really matter anymore. I have numb feet and the zaps are gone. Could the zaps have been major irritation to my back? Looking back on it now....possibly. I won't go under the knife for my back. I've had staph infections on a scoped knee and my feet. The current Neurologist says that I probably have restless leg syndrome...reminents of plantar fascitis and an eipidural may help. YIKES!!!!!! This is enough to drive any person crazy.
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote