View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 12:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurochic View Post
Yes, welcome to life with CRPS. The choices you get to make are just great!!
lololololol

You know I was telling my fiance just as an example lets say something like morphine, or Oxycontin (which I haven't taken yet). The big BAD drugs that soo many people fake for. Funny as I do have SOME diagnostic proof such as the lags in the EMG, the numbness, coldness of 13-15 degrees sometimes more I'm sure. But I digress, lets say those big bad drugs worked! They didn't cause a whole bunch or truly heinous side effects, like those commercials you hear a litany of side effects "including death in rare cases". A doctor would rather prescribe you those than, if taken correctly, something that offers relief with more minimal side effects. Or that IF you DO get prescribed these "big bad" meds you have to sign a frigging contract??? With regular blood testing and monitoring...lolol he was like are you kidding me? I personally got some pretty darn good relief while on Oxycodone (temp while titrating Lyrica) I just felt it needed to be just a little bit stronger and last longer.....not that the doctor paid any attention, to the a month of pain journals I had written about what pain med affected what and activities....Work is getting harder again...typing still not a strong suit.
It be nice to see them go thru what we all do, the EXTREME fatigue, nausea,hair loss, Reflux, vomiting, diarrhea/constipation, and then see how they could handle works AND taking care of their kids!!!! lolol
I would seriously like to give the doctors who treat us the same dosage of meds and see how THEY function. Oh well now how fast do you think they might be asking for something else?? Or how quick they would be in prescribing something that has THAT many side effects!

I found my humor again today as you can tell we'll see how long it lasts! lol
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote