View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Already an eye opener

Only two months into this and I can tell its going to be the great relationship overhaul catalyst.

Some people are just amazing and their love and care brings me to tears with gratitude. My husband is my rock. He is an example to me, of what love in action looks like.

Some people have been just... disheartening. I chalk it up to not understanding the nature of these injuries but sometimes it still really stings. Turns out some folks are just not cut out for reality and they prefer the "old" me who was funny when they needed a boost, or who was smart when they needed advice. I serve no purpose to them in this state, so... I guess I accept that.

You asked for thoughts....mine are very similar to your own near the end of your post. We can only be our best, and I believe that's all we can answer for. I try to assume the best of people until they prove otherwise and then... Shrug.

I can only hope to heal, and become a better version of myself so that I can be there for someone who needs me. I'd like to pay forward all the goodness I've found in the majority of people since my injury.

I think you're on the right track!!
MsRriO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
greenfrog (12-27-2012), mg neck prob (12-28-2012), MiaVita2012 (12-27-2012), Mokey (12-28-2012), Theta Z (12-27-2012), Virginia in Canada (12-27-2012)