View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
The anesthetics in the --caine family.... are sodium channel blocking agents. When they wear off, they may cause a rebound of pain, for a brief time. This is most noticeable when used for toothache relief or dental procedures.

The pain that returns often has a throbbing quality and seems worse for a short time. But typically that wears off.

There are neurological problems called channelopathies.

This link has a list of them with sodium included:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channelopathy

If you have a genetic error in this process, you most likely would have problems with drugs that affect certain ion channels.
This is pretty difficult to tag by doctors, so may go undiagnosed for a long time or forever in some patients.
I am suspecting that is the case and I might I have QT Lengthening ( both my brother and sister suffer from heart issues / mitral valve prolapse )

When I had the lidocaine injected into my ligaments ( via prolotherapy ) I started developing breathing problems then the gastritis pretty soon after, but what I also failed to mention was I had a Demerol IV the first two times before I refused it because it was leaving me with terrible anxiety , confusion . ( I told all this to the nurse too at the time who didnt think it was a big deal )

I never thought much about that till now and I saw this because the symptoms at the time subsided an hour or two after , and they told me is wasnt a big deal. ( though it sure felt it )

Im assuming that alone would of increased this risk of me getting further symptoms from other medications ? ( as I did with the neuropathy from metoclopramide 2 yrs later ) and the lidocaine , dextrose and sarapin injected into my ligaments ?

Also , I have no idea what effect getting injected into ligaments with something like this would have on other areas of my body compared to normal administration because ( as far I know ) there are no reports of any one with LQTS getting prolo / getting worse - and not likely to be given its status

So whose responsible if any potential drug reactions are not noticed before or after being left disabled by something ?

I assume its your own doctor , but if QTLS is as hard to pickup then wont then just make some excuse ?

thanks

m
melon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote