Thread: Abnormal .
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 11:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Abnormal .

I've suffered with an abnormal period since I started at age 9. About 5 years or so ago, I was so heavily bleeding that I needed bed rest at times. This went on for about a couple of years where I would be bleeding weeks on end. Eventually this resulted in me being extremely anemic.

About a year or so ago, I went to a gynecologist who diagnosed me with menometrohaggia (forgive my spelling if this is wrong). I was also very overweight at the time and they thought it was a contributing factor.

Needless to say I've lost almost 100lbs and I'm not dealing with the excessive bleeding. Now it's something even more different & was wondering if anyone has experienced this?

When my period arrives, I seem to get extremely heavy cramping for the first week or so, so bad that I'm doubled over sometimes. My stomach also feels like there's a block of ice resting on it. When I actually do begin to bleed, it tends to normalize. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any suggestions would be great, thanks!
issyme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote