Thread: myelomalacia
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Kim

Welcome to Neuro Talk. I did look up Myelomalacia. I would get those records, and give them personally to maybe a neurologist your PCP knows. Often your PCP can get you into see a neurologist even without funding. I did not have assistance either for my first surgery. I was seen none the less. There are compassionate doctors around, and it would be good if you can be seen sooner rather than later. This conditions sounds a bit scarry, and assistance can take so very long. Be assertive and get in to see someone. The doctor you are closest too, can help you. While I was waiting for assistance, I did go broke, but I am still here, and in better shape. There was a fund raiser for me though the artists guild I was a part of, so I did get some help to pay for that first surgery.. A community center may have some agency that may be able to direct you as well. A womens resource center, has access to alot of information too. I wish you all the best and hope you can get help soon. Vog Rehab also helps with getting people on their feet again. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote