Thread: PCS help!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 04:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thanks so much for your help and reassurance.
I don't think I can realistically take a semester out because I go on my year abroad to Spain next year so effectively this is my last year with the people I started at uni with, so I keep feeling that "final year" feeling of not wanting to miss out on anything and wanting to get involved in everything. I also train for Cheerleading and tumbling pretty intensively when I'm at uni, and usually go to the gym at least twice a week to do normal workouts to keep up stamina and fitness, but the past week I've found this really difficult because I've been feeling so bad and whenever I sprint or on the treadmill do too much I get stabbing head pain. I've had type 1 diabetes and loads of health problems since I was little, so I usually ignore things and get on and live life to the full, I've never been very good at "rest" so I'm guessing this is going to be a problem for me haha! I'm getting a letter from my GP to give to uni for mitigating circumstances for my three essays due in in January (which I'm pretty sure are incoherent due to my concussed state over the past 6 weeks), but I'm also thinking of making an appointment with my GP to see what pain relief I could get, or whether preventative migraine treatment could take the edge off my headaches?
Melissa1992 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote