Thread: PCS help!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Melissa,

It sounds like you are setting yourself up for a long roller coaster and delayed recovery. Post Concussion Syndrome does not tolerate the level of activity you have planned. Many here have tried to continue on with their usually activity levels and after a year or two, realized they were not getting better. When they took time for quiet rest, they started recovering.

Continuing with your cheerleading activities puts you at great risk of more serious injury and even lifelong struggles. Your next concussion will have more devastating results.

With your diabetes and other health problems, you should consider a much more comprehensive approach to your recovery. The concussed brain often struggles with proper glucose metabolism. I hope you are conscientious with your glucose testing. The lows many experience will be very rough on your brain.

How many previous concussion do you think you have suffered? Please understand that a concussion does not need a doctor's diagnosis. Any head impact that causes a head ache or any other symptoms is a concussion. I bet you have had many previous concussions.

I hope you do well but expect you will continue to struggle until you take some time for quiet rest.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote