Thread: Benzodiazepines
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 01:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

Thanks Mark.

The injury occurred when I hit the back of my head on the ice while playing hockey in late October of this year [2012].

2.5 months after the incident, the headaches are beginning to subside, but I'm still suffering from cognitive deficits, and inability to concentrate, and I just feel different (this is perhaps the most disturbing symptom). As I mentioned in the OP, anxiety and depression have been severe. At times I feel so detached from my normal self. I'm having a hard time coping with this.

Sometimes, actually, I've felt almost 100%, but the littlest things will aggrivate symptoms. Minor disturbances, like walking or turning my head too quickly, for example, are apt to bring on a headache or dazed feeling, or make me nauseous. Is this normal? I've taken to walking on my toes to prevent this.

It seems that everything I do aggravates my symptoms. I've confined myself to a very narrow range of activity, and it's killing me. I've stopped most reading and computer use. No T.V. But it's been 2 months and I'm getting restless. I don't want to resign myself to this limited lifestyle. No more hockey--ok, fine. But man, I've got to go for a run, read a book, something... but I don't want to hurt myself, or make my condition worse. That's what seems to happen when I do any of these things. Really struggling, and I'd appreciate any support or guidance.

I'm taking supps (fish oil, Bcomplex, multi) and started meds (SSRI) for the anxiety. Books on tape have been a helpful, tolerable activity. Met with a Neurologist- he wasn't helpful. He actually told me that if I get a headache or other symptoms while performing an activity I should just ignore it and keep doing what I was doing. Is that wise advice?

I think I'll repost this comment in another thread to get some more general support. I hope that doesn't violate any forum etiquette.
mpshube is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote