View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 02:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hello intro

I'm not chatty, but will attempt an intro. I lived in Ohio until I was 40. I moved to Colorado just over 2 years ago to be with sig-other.

I was diagnosed with MS in 1997 and have been on disability since '99. I've tried Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif and Methotrexate. Had a mild siezure after six doses of Methotrexate last Oct. Am now on Imuran (Azithioprine) I was on that for 4 years in Ohio with no issues. I am sensitive to meds and have had a hard time finding one I could live with.

I started Lexapro almost 2 weeks ago. Had to go to 1/2 tab daily due to extreme sleepiness and nausea. This week went back to 1 tab and fight sleep during the day and cannot sleep at night. Ugh!

I had a perfect part-time job (12 hrs/week) for 2 years that I left to move out here. I miss that feeling of being productive working gave me.

I started throwing steel tip darts and crocheting nearly 2 years ago, but not at the same time. My hands are really bad and have been for 5 months and counting. It sure makes my hobbies diffictult, but I so enjoy them.

I'm looking forward to this experience and a happy hello to all.
Beth