View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 12:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default states are getting on board...

In researching this, I wondered why none of this is available in the US if a patient signs the consent form? We have all kinds of alternative treatments and therapies that, while not techinically "FDA approved", are nonetheless available if a patients wants to try it and is willing to fork over the $$ for an unknown therapy....

And lo! Just this past April, the state of Texas' medical board actually authorized stem cell treatments, which I assume will mean a doctor will be much more willing to offer this treatment to patients....here's the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/14/us...exas.html?_r=0

Not sure how newsy this is, though, because apparently the Texas Governor Rick Perry had stem cells for back pain some years ago, in Texas, but at least this might open the doors for others.

And of course California has been very active for years in researching this, not really news there. But a state-wide initiative to fund research into something and a medical board's authorization to use that something are two very different things. Hopefully, more states will join. Once this starts being done in the US, I think we will see a lot more hard data coming out as well as standardizations.

Thanks, Bob, for the caution, those claims of 80-100% recovery are so seductive. It's hard to believe sometimes how low humans will stoop to make a buck.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote