View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Misdiagnosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverhavehope View Post

I appreciate all replys and Aunt Bean I definately will be getting this book in the morning. The two drugs my husband has been treated with is Sinamet along with MIRAPEX, the neuro's could not get to the bottom of my husbands behavior, they really didn't try only wanted to put him on psychotic drugs which I refused, I slowly started cutting back on the one med which was MIRAPEX , getting him off of it totally, all the hallucinations and violence stopped. Thank God I was able to think for myself, take on the responsibility of doing something. Yes, I really am believing my husband was mis diagnosed and I will go into it further later on. I am thankful we neither one went along with adding all the other meds that Dr.s wanted him to go on, and through those most difficult times they even wanted me to put him in Alzheimer's unit, dx'ing him with that on top of everything else, now they see my husband with the mentality he had prior to being on Mirapex all those years. We will be having our 57 th wedding anniversary, I believe God has many more happy years for us to be together. Anxious to get the book Aunt Bean, thank you for telling me about it.

Patti, I would hesitate to say that your husband was misdiagnosed based on the changes when you got him off of mirapex. That is the medication from HELL! I almost lost my marriage from it. The moodiness, compulsive behavior and all the horror stories of gambling, etc are beyond belief. I even went to a center for excellence and they specifically asked about compulsive behavior, etc. and told us of someone they saw who gambled away their entire life's savings. Thankfully and I don't know how but by the grace of God I realized these changes I was having and stopped taking the medication on my own. I could clean the house, do whatever and not sleep for 2-3 days. I was sexually compulsive, to the point that it bothered me! I am so happy for you! May you and your husband have many more years together!
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
foreverhavehope (03-12-2013)