View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayandnay View Post
Has anyone ever tried an on the record or attorney advisor decision on a remand? I'm reading my remand order and letter sent to my congressman, and the instructions are for a new decision, I keep asking, but no one can give me a straight answer as to what that means.
Sorry, but your question is a little confusing. It is not uncommon for an ALJ to make a Fully Favorable decision on the record during a hearing.

When a case is remanded you return to an ALJ based upon the Appeal's Council finding an error with the previous ALJ's decision. This allows you obtain new evidence and have a second chance. The wait period for a new hearing depends on your area.

And please read Finz's response in this thread!!! If you need help understanding how the process works, check out a NOLO guide regarding SSDI from the library or purchase a copy.
The Appeal's Council can also give you a Fully Favorable decision, but that wouldn't be a remand.

If I missed a key component of your question, I apologize and I'll try again if you could rephrase your question.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rayandnay (12-31-2012)