View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 10:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Maybe not such a problem with a citation.

Perhaps the correlations need to be made with a backup reference, for instance I have Pernicious Anemia, which is a kind of vitamin B12 deficiency, I was asked by my doctor, as he could see no lifestyle problems to find out whether there was a correlation between PD and PA and the medications I was taking. A quick search gave me a study from the UNI of Athens, Greece, that confirmed that long term levodopa use in PD patient could indded result in B12 and Folate deficiencies. Further to this someone sent me a link to an advisory from the PD Dietician Katherine Holden which indicated that there was indeed a connection.

I for one would be interested to know how many other people have a similar deficiency, and whether it links to the type of PD I have.

This does not mean that the information would panic people, but perhaps if they felt it needed looking at they would have some grounds for asking that the relevant testing be done. Particularly important as PA also has its own set of neurological signs that could possibly be muddying the water re: PD.

One possible correlation....... I will add the citations later.
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
johnt (12-30-2012)