Thread: Benzodiazepines
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 04:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanadu00 View Post
I want to second Wakey's advice about looking into vestibular rehabilitation. From the symptoms you're describing (especially the nausea from movement), it sounds like it could help.

I've gotten some mileage out of audiobooks myself. If you can use the computer just briefly, you can also search for podcasts on topics that interest you. Also, you can download free text-to-voice software that will allow you to highlight text and have it read back to you. Natural Reader is a good free one.

Text Aloud has much better voices but costs money:

As for your doctor who told you to work through the headaches, that is terrible advice; it is the exact opposite of what you should do. Any time you notice symptoms increasing or acting up, it's time to rest.

If you have the money, I'd recommend purchasing a weighted blanket (google it and purchase online). It has an inhibitory effect on the nervous system. When I get anxious and/or overstimulated, it helps me to settle down within minutes.

Like you, I've been restricted to a very narrow range of activity for a long time, though I'm gradually tolerating more. I understand very well how frustrating and depressing this is. I spent months sitting in the dark listening to audiobooks--and little else.

Hang in there. Peace.

Thanks for the advice, xanadu00. I'm imagining that weighted blanket... it sounds nice! A month in the dark listening to audiobooks? Sounds like what I need, but my financial situation won't allow it. Can I still recover? Or am I really damaging my chances here? I'm on my feet and moving up to 8 hrs a night at my job, and while I can rest on my days off and might be able to get a few extra days, I'm afraid I have to continue for the most part. If I don't take a few weeks for seriously quiet rest, am I just going to remain like this indefinitely?
mpshube is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote