View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 07:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimking View Post
Thanks for all the info, Mike.
No problem. And FYI, the fun was only beginning where the pain became incredibly intense Saturday evening - certainly the worst since my last "device failure - on account of which I suspect there's some rebound mechanism in play.

But then it occurred to me, when I started tDCS in earnest, last July or so, I began to have nasty headaches that went on for weeks, until I did some checking an found out the Dextromethorphan HBr (DM) I had used with good results for some time along with a potentiator - brand name Nuedexta - was seriously interfering with the brain plasticity required for successful tDCS, something that can be helped along with small doses of the prescription antibiotic Seromycin (cycloserine).

In any event, where the pain was just OUT OF CONTROL early Saturday evening, with all the Schedule II resources available to me, I realized that I just had to grab the Nuedexta/DM combo and I should be fine. And half an hour later, I was! (And so could briefly go out to dinner with my family.) Now, 9 hours later, having stayed up way, way too late to get out a difficult email to one of my kids' doctors, I'm somewhat cross-eyed from the DM. But it's a small price to pay, really. And once the replacement tDCS devive come in next week, I'll just take a couple of Seromycin over a 24-hour period before I fire up the machine. at which point I should be right as rain. (Here's hoping in any event.)

Mike

- Walt Whitman
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hampster63 (12-31-2012), Vrae (12-30-2012)