View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart

Thank you for the update, Spine!

You seem to be doing very well, text-book case perhaps.
It does sound normal that your tank is down a quarter after almost 4 days. It all depends on how high you run it.
Some people charge every day, others can go 2 wks before charging.

Your surgeon sounds alot like mine. They preach very clearly that the SCS may only give 50% relief, yet when it comes to prescribing med AFTER the implant, they get stingy. Sometimes the Dr (because of arrogance) will hesitate to continue giving the pain meds because it can somehow reflect on their work. The last thing they want is for the procedure to appear to 'not' be a complete success......cuz they're 'perfect' you see. Fact is, most people DO continue needing meds, for breakthru and for the percentage that the unit doesn't cover. There are those who've been able to get off all pain meds after their implant, which is fantastic.
I remember going thru the very same thing. As time goes on and your surgeon gets buried with other implants, chances are your pain mgmt doc will get you what you need. I hope this is the case for you.

Rest up! mind the rules and you'll be well on your way.
Such perfect timing for your New Year to begin!

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (12-31-2012), ger715 (12-30-2012), Mark56 (01-01-2013), mg neck prob (01-04-2013), Spiney95 (12-30-2012)