Thread: RFC forms
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 03:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
I think the doctor will fill out the form before your hearing. If your husband is still going through treatment, it would be great if your neurologist would write a hand written letter, to the hearing judge. If he tells of your husbands limits and that this is for life, I don't think he will be denied. I was between two spinal fusions when my hearing came up. My doctor did that letter, saying recovery was not possible, and I was granted SSDI at the hearing. I was the same age. Hope this all works out for you and your husband. It is awful to go though, I know it. Neuro Talk will be here for you. ginnie
Thanks Ginnie- we don't know how his new surgery is going to go. Surgeon said he might open him up and close him back up and leave rods in; might be too much scare tissue; might be a small fracture they can't pick up on MRI, ct scan, etc...But will discuss with surgeon lot of issues, concerns and about a letter. What we don't know, is if they remove the rods, does that effect his current lifetime limit of no >then 20#. I know it's a 3month recovery period and he will be in a brace. God Bless
Ironbutterfly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (12-30-2012)