View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 09:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When your spinal cord is being compressed, you really don't have many options because if it touches anywhere, that could mean being paralyzed & some times could lead to death. By the time I had surgery, my left side was numb and I had pins/needles down both my legs and they were giving out on me. So I really tried everything from injections to P.T. to natural meds, wore a cervical collar but in the end, i had to have the surgery. Swallowing is a problem for me still. I guess with the plate and cage, something stops the flow down my throat. I have muscle spasms that feel like something that I will never be able to describe other than to say my body is really ****** at me for allowing the doctor to put something foreign in there...
However, we do what we must do. I have been told that I need to have the fusion extended down 3 more levels! Even though I have 3 fingers numb on my right hand now, I haven't made the decision to have the surgery and pray I can live with what I have without further surgeries. I best to you and I will keep you all in my prayers.
Nahnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (12-31-2012)