View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 08:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
Deb,
I had someone tell me just the other day that they weren't put to sleep for them but I was. I was hooked up to an IV and then given the block. I can't quite remember if the first one worked or not, I just know I had 3 and I saw a great difference. It's a good thing I did because I had a bad reaction to the block but that's me. If anyone will, I will. The Anesteolgist said he'd never seen anyone have a bad reaction to one. He stayed with me until I came out of it. I sometimes think I had a panic attack when I came out of the anestesia. They wanted to do 15 more on me but then he decided not to so I was lucky the ones I had worked.

Last year when I had my rotator cuff surgery they did a block on me before the surgery. I saw that needle coming at me and I told him not before I'm out and he said don't worry you will be and then I was gone. It kept the RSD from coming out that time. I also had one when I had the 3 inches of muscle taken out from under my left arm. It too kept the RSD from coming out. The only time I really feel my RSD is when the weather changes anymore. Then you start begging for help, no meds do the job.

I have RSD in both arms and the shot seemed to do the job for both sides but maybe other ones can have a better answer for that one. I think on my left side it's what they call mirrored pain.

Have a good evening.
Ada
Deb, I thought you were not allowed to be put to sleep for thes blocks?? hmmmmmm?? I also heard if you have so many, there could be scar tissue and the Dr. won't do anymore? Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote