View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 07:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi elusions,
Welcome to the forum! When I was a kids I started having migraine headaches and that in turn led to absence (petit mal) sz. and then 2 yrs. later I started having complex partial sz. also.
I'm no Dr. but I've had sz. for 40 yrs. now and what you are describing sounds like you are having complex partial and maybe absence sz. also.
When I start to have a complex partial sz. I will get a nervous feeling in my stomach, then I start to see colors flashing back and forth in my eyes, I'm still conscious during this time and then a couple seconds later I will blank out but I will sometimes wander around work or home and when the sz. is over I will find myself in a different room and I'm confused for a few seconds until I realize I've had a sz. My husband can tell when I have this type of sz. because I smack my lips during the sz. so if anyone is around you and this happens ask them if you wander around, smack your lips, or pull at your clothing this is all signs of a complex partial sz.
When I have an absence (petit mal) sz. I will just have a daydream look on my face for about 30 seconds at the most and that's all that happens.
I've had many e.e.g.'s done and it didn't show any problems and that's because the brain damage was to deep in my brain and the e.e.g. couldn't pick up any of the problems.
It wasn't until I had the e.e.g. with electrodes put directly on my brain that they found I had a scar on the right temporal lobe of my brain.
I have seen many neuros over the yrs. but my advice to you is to see an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center. I've gotten more help from an Epileptologist than any neuro I ever saw and these Drs. specialize in epilepsy so they know how to treat a person better.
I was on topamax just like you for a short time and I found it caused me to have more sz. that's when I started vimpat and that has stopped most of my complex partial sz. and I take vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day and that has also helped to reduce my sz.
Sorry for carrying on so long but I wanted to let you know that it sounds like you may be having complex partial sz. I hope I'm wrong and I wish you the best of luck. May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote