View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 10:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default get thee to a caregiver forum

Hello Heidi,

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through, as it does not have to be this way. PD will change your marriage and family life, yes, but you can still have a wonderful life in spite of it. You need to arm yourself with information, compassion, empathy, patience, undestanding, humour, and friends who GET IT (there are never enough of those, though!). My best advice to you is to check out a caregiver forum as well, there is one specifically for PD, here's the link:

http://www.myparkinsons.org/cgi-bin/forum/forum_show.pl

You will find amazing people there who are caregivers to a loved one with PD, could be spouse, parent, inlaw, partner, what have you, at every stage of this journey.

I think you may find that maybe, just maybe, it's the mirapex causing this, talk to the doc for sure. I'll warn you, though, mirapex is a real b%#@! to try and quit, we have tried three times and failed, and it was a hellish experience, every one of them.

Good luck, I hope things improve for you both. Remember the man you love is still locked, trapped, inside his PD body, and did nothing to deserve this. No doubt he is wondering what in Sam Hill is going on, too
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aj04 (01-03-2013)