View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 10:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had a spinal cord stimulator implanted in 2006 and had it removed in 2011. Quite honestly for me it probably should have been removed a lot sooner then it was. I think I was kidding myself that it was working or having some affect on my pain.

I finally made the decision to have it removed because MRI's were not allowed with the implant and I felt the MRI was the best diagnostic test for me. CT scans didn't seem to give the same quality as the MRI's and for my health reasons contrast could NOT be used .

So I am now in the process of going for the Intrathecal Pain Pump. I had the trial portion done on 12/10/12 thru 12/13/12 and was happy with the results. I am not going for the permanent implant on 1/11/13.

In addition I was able to hook up with someone that had the permanent pain pump already done and was extremely happy with the results. The pain pump for the woman I spoke to was the last chance for her to find some sort of relief. So I was glad to hook up with for a few minutes to speak to her and know someone where it was successful.
pebblebeach2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (12-31-2012)