View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 11:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi thanks for answering my post Ginny,shell and Mark

Mark - sorry its a bit hard to read. i'll try to break the paragraphs up better

Just to sum things up . Where i am at 70 days off Benzos-

my current symptoms are morning anxiety with increased dizziness,brain fog as soon as i get up. My head often feels so out of it and dizzy when i walk its been pretty extreme. Im also having what seems to feel like periodic drops in my blood pressure (even tho i havent really caught it dropping below 100/82)I get random bouts of feeling super slow head and sluggish and weak and faint.ive been to heart doctor and have been cleared of heart problems.I was starting to feel a bit better coming off benzos but it seems to have taken a turn for the worse and instead of having some evening window times where i feel good i often feel awful all day.

I get random nerve sensations moving in my arms and hands. I also recently in the last two days have had this new thing where i feel a crawling sensation in my throat that causes it to tighten a bit and then the crawling sensation moves into my chest and into my stomach. Last night i got a random painful cramp in the side for no reason. My heart still palpitates alot and has done this since i came off benzos. I also have alot of days where i get piercing headaches and head pressure and chest pressure along with feeling very out of it.

I feel like my whole body is out of whack and its overwhelming. Alot of these thiings i never experienced before being on medication.

I am not working and am regularly seeing a psychiatrist and i have neurologist. I also have a good therapist.
Is any of this common symptoms for post concussion? i think my fear is that i am getting more and more disabled by all of this. i dont know what part of it if any has anything to do with benzo withdrawal or with my body trying to recalibrate itself.

Mark- If there are any tests, scans or anything you recommend me doing please let me know. would be great to hear your story /experiences

thank you for your time. this is a very difficult chapter of my life and i often fear that after years of drug use, overdose, head injury and bad pharmacutical experiences that i have somehow caused brain damage or some major malfunction and that i will never be well again, this is the worst ive ever felt in my life.
lynnR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote