View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 04:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Parents - Would you choose to raise new baby with PCS?

This is a serious question to the parents out there that know how it is to raise a baby. Dealing with the crying, sleepless nights etc that's associated with a newborn. Let me explain my dilemma...

I had my 2nd concussion about 2 years ago and am still dealing with PCS symptoms. I've been SLOWLY getting better at dealing with the symptoms by avoiding triggers, changing my health habits and lifestyle.

The main remaining symptoms are dizziness and brain fog. I run my own business, so I've learned how to plow through these symptoms without extended time off like many recommend. I mainly deal with it by keeping a flexible schedule, resting when needed in between tasks and keeping multi-tasking to a minimum.

On to my question for the parents out there: One major trigger for me is loud sounds. If I'm at a restaurant or public place and there's a baby crying, I simply have to get up and leave. The sharp, high-pitched screams they make sets off my trigger big time. I get headaches, dizziness and/or brain fog which can last several hours.

My long-time girlfriend has been patient so far with me trying to recover with my PCS. However, the time has come that we wanted to get married and start a family. I seriously have doubts if I can handle raising a baby properly with my current condition.

I'd like to hear from parents out there that have PCS and raised a newborn. And also to ask - Would you plan to have a newborn baby if you already had PCS with the problems I just described?

This is causing a major problem for me and my girlfriend. Any help is appreciated!!

Last edited by Sandwalker; 01-01-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Sandwalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote