View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Maybe a few questions are in order first. DO YOU want this child as much as your girlfriend? Raising a child is a lifetime commitment. Once a parent always a parent. Is your girlfriend ready and willing to go it alone when you need a break for your health?

Are you financially capable of a home that will allow everyone a comfortable place to be. When the child is loud and upset and you need a break where will everyone go? I have raised two of my own. I helped my sister raise her son when he was older and acting out.

Children need above all else to know, TO FEEL they are always loved, wanted and safe. I believe it would be a challenge. I also feel if you and your girlfriend really want a child you will do so. With a little for-thought and planning you should be able to do so comfortably even on a limited budget.

I would seriously look into child rearing classes as you are not going to want to be behind the curve so to speak. Knowing the psychological stages your child is going thru is a tremendous help in understanding why they are upset. Knowing is half way to comforting and quieting a child. It is also why grandparents can be so good with their grand children. We have done it already.

To see the divine in the moment.
rmschaver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandwalker (01-15-2013)