View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 07:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan068 View Post
Hi,

Sadly, nobody here can tell you if you have MG and nobody here should set your doseage of Mestinon. You *really* need to work with a primary care physician and a neurologist to determine these things, especially where you're so new to whatever condition you've developed. Ptosis (the eyelid droop) and double-vision are symptoms of MG, but they are symptoms of other problems too. Has anybody done an ice pack test on your eyelids?

For what it is worth, the "Mestinon injection" was most likely a Tensilon test - this is a very fast acting, very quickly metabolized drug that is used for diagnosis purposes.

I hope you find the answers that you need.

Best,

Brian

Thank you Brian,

Here in the UK the whole process is very slow and I have to wait months to see anyone. China was super fast, but alas I had to leave. A Venezuelan friend of mine told me that it takes a bout 2 weeks for Mestinon to work properly. "It needs to accumulate in the body" Is this right? Most of what I read here suggest it is very quick acting. Do most people have to see their physician before changing their dose? Some people here seem to change their doses. Has anyone been given instruction if and when to change it? If I wait for my next UK appointment here in the UK I will have finished the course I was given from China long before! Is it OK to just go from 380 mg a day to 0 mg? Kev.
KJARVIS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote