View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 01:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default cervical surgery

Hi I'm new here. I've just had fusion from C-3 to C-7. This is my third surgery. The first was C-6 & 7, which was a botched job, it was on the left side of my throat, the second surgery was a zipper down the back of my neck. It took a year to recover. This surgeon corrected what the first surgeon didn't do. Nobody is saying anything about this third surgery at all. As a matter of fact the surgeon only scheduled the surgery. He will not and did not see me after the surgery. So I have to speak to the PA. I am now wearing a cervical nerve stimulator.
I am 63 yrs. old, and this is the worst of the surgeries, because appears I am having more head pain. I need to know what I can and can't do. I was told not to wear the collar anymore on the 31st of Dec. I told the PA what I was experiencing.......difficulty swallowing at times, severe pain in middle of the back of my head area, bilateral pain on neck, and the Pa had no comment, other than maybe I should now have therapy. By the way the surgery was on Nov. 15th. So I really need some input. I live by myself, have no family and no help. So I do as much as I can.
mamafiore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (01-02-2013)