View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was never prescribed those glasses but did find relief from wearing sunglasses that block the blue light spectrum. You can typically find these listed under sports categories, they are very popular in golf and can find many frequently on sale on golf clearance sites. When I started driving again I found it much more comfortable for my eyes outdoors. Some of them can offer interchangeable lenses to experiment with different tints. One that I liked were the Callaway Neox lenses for example.

As a side note, I also wear a pair of cheap UVEX glasses with an orange tint in the evening to block the blue light to help me sleep. It made a huge difference as I struggled with this after my head injury, I bought them off amazon searching for Uvex SCT-Orange. They block the light spectrum to 540nm instead of the normal 400nm and do make a huge difference for me in my ability to sleep.

I also bought a pair of Uvex vermillion tint glasses for computer use which I found softened the harshness the screen was causing to my vision. I still use these today if I attend meetings in bright fluorescent lit rooms. This in combination with the program F.Lux installed on my computer helped me greatly, now I still use f.lux but have a pair of non tinted galsses with a prism configuration.
srgallan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mokey (01-02-2013)