Thread: People PC
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry People PC

I'm sure most of you are too smart to have started with those weasels in the first place but I thought I would share, if nothing else its funny in a pathetic sort of way.

When I first got them I read online that trying to cancel service was a nightmare. Those posts were older and I had hoped the issue had been resolved. NOPE! I tried to cancel the other day, as usual I got some barely intelligible guy in India who insisted on giving me a 'free month" to be sure my new provider works properly. I tried to say I did not want that as I KNEW better but he was so aggressive it was easier not to fight. I read one post where the woman said the IT person had threatened to kill her. That sounds funny and improbable but I'm inclined to believe it after my experience.

I got a new terms and agreements from them, I HOPE he didnt sign me up on some kind of new contract. From what I have read they offer a free month and then bill you anyhow, or you do get a free month and then they continue billing. I am going to the bank and stopping any payment to them and calling them back. I also read if you don't pay they refuse to cancel the account because it is overdue! It is apparently difficult to make them give you a cancellation number and then they sometimes bill anyhow.

There is an address of the corporate office in the email they sent and you can supposedly send a registered letter to cancel. What a bunch of BS, why should a person have to do that? I think it may be to cover themselves legally so they can squeeze out a little more money but say the person had the option to cancel. I guess threatening the Attorney General and BBB works part of the time. You can't even get the name of the IT person, they are all named 'Mike' or something.

I didn't know an established company could stay in business doing things like that but I guess they can, this looks like it has happened for years.

judi
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote