View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 10:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was under the impression that the high zinc in your hair may indicate faulty mineral transport. Andrew Hall Cutler is the one who says that if there is any problem with mercury this will effect mineral transport for many heavy metals. He has these counting rules which I can't remember now.

Even if your mercury is low in the hair analysis, I think this can happen, that you have a mercury problem. I think Cutler says that if other heavy metals are high and mercury is low then you might suspect that mercury is a problem too. You might consider asking if your doctor will check for porphyrins in your urine. Mercury effects porphyrins so this is another test that might help you pin down the exact nature of your problem.

But mercury is the one heavy metal that can effect so many other heavy metals and how they get transported in the body. And even mercury levels will be effected because mercury too does not get tranported properly in the body. This I think explains why some studies about austic children who the hair is high in zinc but these children show signs of low zinc levels (or low blood zinc levels). Cutler's explanation is the only one I have seen that seems to explain how the hair zinc can be so much different than the blood results or the indications of a zinc deficiency.

I have two books by Cutler that I purchased together. I am not sure if they are sold together, but they do have a lot of information about this subject.
orthomolecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote