View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Help Problems with Extraction Site

I have been reading through the posts for problems like mine but don't see any exactly the same. I had an infected lower molar so after taking anti-biotics for a few days I had it removed, this was over two weeks ago. I returned almost a week after the extraction and he took a look and said it was healing well then he told an xray and said I had dry socket so he gave me some novocaine and cleaned the area and decided to stitch it up. Now it's a week later and the hole is still there, mostly covered with white tissue but still quite a large hole. I wasn't sure how long to rinse with salt water as he really didn't instruct me at all after the second procedure and my mouth was frozen and I was biting on gauze so couldn't talk very well and didn't ask. I did ask if I should go back to soft food and he said I shouldn't have to. I am concerned that the hole hasn't closed yet and how long should I wait before brushing this area? I wouldn't go so far as to call it pain but the area still hurts some, is this normal? I still have some amoxicillian and am wondering if I should start taking it again.
semi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote