View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I too have faced the flu and bronchitis this week — and can feel how a power drain anywhere in my body triggers a return of PCS symptoms — take good care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilinEyesMs305 View Post
Needing some advice from some long term PCSers.

I am at 22 months post injury. Ater a year and a half of PT, vestibular therapy, vision therapy and medications, I was able to start back to grad school for two classes last semester and was starting to get some parts of my old life back. It was a struggle, but I finally felt like I was getting somewhere.

This week, I was in the ER for a stomach virus. Thankfully I was given an IV for liquids and then given meds to stop the intestinal problems that were keeping me from staying hydrated.

A few days later, I'm no longer feeling the lower intestinal symptoms. However, I feel like I did a few weeks post accident where if I moved at all or got off the couch/bed, I felt really disoriented and nauseous. (I am not dehydrated any more, as I have been drinking liquids and I'm functioning normally in that department).

Is this a setback due to the compounding TBI? Or a side effect of the flu that I had? I'm really worried. Has anyone else experienced this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mindy
Toddwriter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote