Thread: SCS revision
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, like Rae said I had a revision to move my electrodes down. Mine was only 2 months after my surgery, though, but I didn't have issues with scar tissue. Before the revision my doctor told me that there was a chance the leads could break because of scar tissue when he was pulling on them and if that was the case, he'd have to open up not only the lead incision but also the battery incision to replace the leads. Fortunately, though, that didn't happen and then because I only had to have the one incision reopened, the recovery was definitely easier. There was still a good deal of pain after, of course, but you're not dealing with anything new being put in so that makes it a lot easier. You do have to be careful with an incision being reopened, though. I had to avoid things like swimming and taking baths much longer (don't worry- showers are fine!).

I don't know what your issue is, but in my case I was having extra stimulation. I was getting it in my legs where I needed it but also in my stomach and back, and it felt like very painful cramping in those areas. The revision helped me so much to get the coverage where I needed it! My doctor was surprised at how far he had to actually move the leads, but thankfully he listened to me and kept moving them until we got it right.
yellow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (01-03-2013), Hannabananna (01-03-2013), Mark56 (01-06-2013), Njbackpain (01-03-2013), Rrae (01-04-2013)